Children’s Bill Of Rights
We believe the following:
1. Every Child has the right to be a child because they only have the opportunity to do so once in a lifetime. A child has the right to run, play, laugh, cry, spill something, tear up something, and on the occasion break something important without the fear of retaliation.
2. Every Child has the right to be protected from hurt, harm or danger by any other person old enough to know the difference between right or wrong, regardless of whether they are related to the child or not.
3. Every Child has the right to receive civil and criminal recourse within the US Judicial System as provided by the law when they are legally wronged by anyone in society.
4. Every Child has the right to receive good service and quality products when it is intended for their use and the right to receive recourse when those goods and services do not meet the standards that they claim.
5. Every Child has the right to be advocated for in the event that he or she can not speak on their own behalf. Every child has the right to expect that their parents will read, ask good questions, and take whatever steps necessary to protect them before entering them into any situation that may cause them harm.
6. Every Child has the right to be regarded as a human whether he or she is 10 minutes old or 12 years old.
7. Every Child has the right to be loved, and respected, the right to be taught love and respect. A child has the right to have both parents as active participants in their lives whether the parents like each other or not.
8. Every Child has the right to demand the best of healthcare, the best of education, and the best of everything that society offers children.
9. Every Child has the right to expect every adult whose care they are placed in to do all within their powers to protect them as children.
10. Every Child has the right to life, dignity and the pursuit of happiness.